The Annual IronMed Charity Triathlon
April 7, 2013
- Individual Sprint Triathlon (750m swim, 12mi bike, 5K run)
- Team Triathlon (3 athletes make a team, each completing one leg)
- Unable to put a team together? Find teammates at: Teammate Sign up List
- IronMed 5k run
Click here to register!
Click here to donate!
Welcome to the 13th annual IronMed Charity Triathlon, and our 5th straight year partnering with the Hoya Clinic! This year the Triathlon, Team Triathlon, and 5k run events are expected to be better than ever, and we hope to reach our largest fundriasing totals yet! As we get closer to race day, you'll be hearing more from us about race logistics. Until then, train hard!
ALL PROCEEDS TO BENEFIT
The HOYA Clinic is so grateful to have such generous support from IronMed, the medical school, and the Georgetown community at large. With the money raised through IronMed, we have been able to purchase items and implement programs hugely beneficial to the care we provide our patients, including:
- Medical supplies for the Clinic to improve specialist visits, such as OB/GYN trays and equipment to monitor fetal development;
- IronMed Health & Wellness Seminars to educate and raise awareness on topics ranging from exercise and healthy eating to stress management and anxiety;
- Patient education materials and media such as health videos to play in the waiting room and iPad applications;
- Health equipment for DC General Hospital Family Shelter residents such as personal sharps containers for diabetic patients.
Each year, a part of the money raised through IronMed also goes toward the HOYA Clinic Longevity Fund and the future financial stability of the Clinic. This fund ensures that Georgetown medical students, nurses, and physicians can continue to provide necessary care to an underserved patient population in DC for years to come.
The 2013 IronMed Organizational Committee
Ginny Dines, Matt Moynihan, Alexis Nickols, Teresa Lee, Rob Christian, Jacqueline Antonishek, Cara Sweeny, Ryan Navarro, Anna Chichura, Bradley Colton, Jocelyn Green, Sam Frenkel