The Office of Health Equity and Inclusion (OHEI) at Michigan Medicine invites interested medical students to apply to the Michigan Health Equity Visiting Clerkship Program.
Medical Students in their final year of medical school with a career interest in diversity, equity, and inclusion may apply for the 4 week visiting clerkship.
All 4th year medical students in good standing at an accredited US medical school who demonstrate a commitment to health equity and inclusion
- July, August, September preferred. For specific dates, visit our website.
- Deadline: Applications accepted until slots are filled.
- Award Amount: $1,500
- Awards Notification: Awardees will be notified on a rolling basis.
- Funding Process: OHEI and Department Housing and accommodations is the sole responsibility of the applicant.
Visit our website http://www.med.umich.edu/ohei/alumni/clerkship.html
Complete the following steps:
Step 1: Complete VSAS Application Form For additional information about visiting student requirements
Step 2: Submit the Supplemental Application to the Office for Health Equity and Inclusion. All students must complete the supplemental application for the office for Health Equity and Inclusion.
Step 3: Review Process Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Applications are reviewed individually and awarded on a rolling basis.
The clerkship experience:
1. Accepted students will have orientation at a pre-clerkship dinner along with faculty, house officers and students interested in health equity.
2. Provide an enriching clinical rotation while increasing student’s awareness of a career in academic medicine.
3. Faculty Mentor that will provide career advice, coaching in your clinical department, assistance with navigating the health system for visiting students to be successful during your rotation.
4. Provide a better understanding of health disparities and social determinants of health.
5. Provide networking opportunities with faculty, house officers and other medical students.
Learn more about the Health Equity Visiting clerkship here!
Office for Health Equity and Inclusion
Clarissa Love (Project Manager)
Marcia Perry (Faculty Lead) firstname.lastname@example.org