SHAPE: Students/Staff Helping Aspiring Physicians Excel
A pilot mentorship program with CODA and the undergraduate community
Students/Staff Helping Aspiring Physicians Excel
In an effort to encourage students from underrepresented groups to pursue medical careers, the Office of Diversity and Inclusion created mentoring program that connects Georgetown undergraduates with mentors from the Council on Diversity Affairs.
Overall goals of the program include:
- Inform and advise on the medical school process
- Instruct on best practices for pursuing medical school
- Identify short term and long term goals to achieve success
- Inspire, motivate and encourage mentees to pursue a career in medicine
- Invest in a meaningful and sustainable relationship between mentors and mentees
What We Do:
Currently 17 undergraduate students are being mentored by CODA members.
Mentor/Mentee pairs meet individually on a monthly basis to discuss specific topics and attend group events in Spring Semester.
View our 2017-2018 Program Schedule
View our 2017-2018 SHAPE Mentors and Mentees