Current Job Openings
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject heading “(Position Title), FirstName Lastname.”
The Director of Diversity and Inclusion is the point person responsible for recruiting, interviewing, selecting and training all our K – 12 premed pipeline programs outside of the Georgetown Experimental Medical Studies Program (GEMS).
The most important functions of the Director of Diversity and Inclusion are:
- Building new diverse student outreach initiatives and premed pipelines for K-12 (elementary, middle, high school) and undergraduate students that fulfill the diversity mission of the school and to meet LCME accreditation standards. This also includes applying for grants and writing grant proposals the secure independent funding for pipeline work and diversity initiatives to take the programs to scale;
- Developing robust recruitment and outreach campaigns to recruit students underrepresented in medicine to apply and to matriculate into Georgetown School of Medicine;
- Devise a strategic diversity plan for the school that focuses on bolstering student, staff and faculty diversity and an inclusive campus environment; and
- Executing on diversity and inclusion training events for GUSOM students, staff, faculty that contribute to an inclusive environment.
- The minimum academic degree required to perform the work is Bachelor of Arts. A Master’s Degree is preferred but not at all required for this position.
- Success in this position requires a professional who has entrepreneurial initiative and disposition to execute on projects, build strong relationships, and derives satisfaction from delivering quality and timely outcomes.
- Strong collaboration, impeccable project management and process coordination, data analysis and communication skills combined with design skills and the ability to think through the application of technical solutions is essential. Moreover, the Director will possess the ability to fluctuate between strategic perspective and thinking to planning and execution of diverse projects.
- Clear and direct communication skills are required. This includes clear written and oral communication when conveying programmatic needs, professional development interests, project concerns, and vision for programs.
- Strong social media skills are required. This includes ability to engage in web-design, online outreach and building online communities on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Robust data analysis skills are also required. The candidate must be able to devise, track and record performance metrics for measuring diversity metrics as well as measure and track the impact of outreach and recruitment management efforts of diverse students and faculty at other universities. These data analysis skills will be deployed to assess metrics across students, staff and faculty populations at the Georgetown School of Medicine. Data skills will also be used to design and build up alumni networks for GUSOM K-16 pre-med pipeline programs.
- Effective public speaking skills are required for delivering Diversity Admissions Presentations, outreach presentations for pipeline programs, and for leading our school-wide, monthly Health Equity Forums.
- Professionalism required for collaboration. This includes meeting the set business hours, getting approval for absences, and approval for professional development conferences in advance. This also includes professional and courteous treatment of all ODI supervisors, staff, student interns and colleagues.
More details about the position can be found on our Indeed page.