Class of 2018 Graduation
Sunday, May 20, 2018
DAR Constitution Hall
2018 Graduation Schedule
Thursday, May 17, 2018
- 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. Mandatory Pick-up for Cap & Gown Pick-Up from the GU Bookstore.
Rental Fee: $68 + tax due at time of pick-up. Non-refundable. Cash or credit card payments accepted. You will also be asked to provide your cc info as collateral for unreturned items post graduation.
Expect lines. The Registrar's Office got the bookstore to increase staffing to 8 cashiers for medical student regalia this year so we hope that'll facilitate a more expedient process for you, but you should still be prepared to experience some wait time.
For assistance, including what to do if it's not possible for you to pick up your rental in person, contact: Tasha Goodwine (tjg33) in the Registrar's Office and Sudie Wheatle (sw1032), General Manager of the GU Bookstores.
Cap and Gown Return: Sunday, May 20th afternoon at the bookstore.
- 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. OR 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. Ticket and Honor Cord Pick-Up from Student Affairs, NW114.
- Each student will receive 10 guest tickets to the Graduation Ceremony at DAR Constitution Hall, in addition to any extra tickets you have been granted. Graduates will not need a ticket to enter the graduation venue.
Items will only be released directly to the recipient. If you are unable to pick them up yourself, please arrange for a designee to do so on your behalf and provide permission in writing ahead of time to email@example.com.
- 12:00 p.m. Class Photo on the Wolfington Hall Steps (Jesuit Residence).
- Arrival time: 11:30am with cap and gown. The class photo will be taken promptly at noon. It will take some time for everyone to get robed and in formation, and for the photographer to get all set up. There are no make-up opportunities.
Rain site: Harvey Amphitheater or Lohrfink Auditorium in the business school. We will defer to the photographer's preference in the event of inclement weather. We will make the call with as much advance notice as possible and communicate any location changes to you by email.
- 5:00 p.m. 16th Annual MAGIS Induction Ceremony for Master Teachers, (Attendance optional) located at the Richard Goldberg Auditorium at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital. A reception will follow on the patio outside the hospital’s main entrance.
Friday, May 18, 2018
- 5:00 p.m. Warwick Evans Senior Awards Ceremony (Attendance optional but encouraged), located in Gaston Hall, 3rd Flr Healy Hall. Reception to follow on 2nd Flr Healy Hall. All are invited to attend and join in this celebration of your individual and collective achievements. Seating is first come, first serve and no ticket is required for entry.
For those observing Ramadan and attending evening graduation events this week, the Office of Muslim Life is hosting several iftars to break the fast: http://guevents.georgetown.edu/search/events?search=ramadan
Saturday, May 19, 2018
- 10:30 a.m. Baccalaureate Mass located at Georgetown Visitation Nolan Center, 1524 35th Street NW. Free Parking is available at the Nolan Center.
Attendance at the Baccalaureate Mass is optional.
Dress code: graduates should wear normal church attire, not caps and gowns.
Parking will be provided. Upon arrival, please let the guard on duty know you are there for the Baccalaureate Mass, and you will be directed to the back parking lot where you may park in any of the un-numbered parking spaces. The Nolan Center will be the large brick building on your left as you are walking from the parking lot. Walk up towards the hill (half way) and enter the building on your right. If you have any questions, please ask the guard at the front gate to point you in the direction of the building.
- 2:00 p.m. Military Commissioning Ceremony (Attendance optional), located at Research Building Auditorium. Reception to follow on the Medical-Dental Podium.
Travel Advisory: due to the closed-road DC Bike Ride event occurring on Saturday, May 19th, Whitehurst Freeway will be closed to vehicles from 6-10:30am. The link provided will take you to the full course map.
Sunday, May 20, 2018
11:00 a.m. GUSOM Class of 2018 Commencement Ceremony, located at DAR Constitution Hall, located at 1776 D St. NW, Washington, DC 20006, reception to follow on the Medical-Dental Podium
Graduates: arrive at 10AM with cap and gown using the C Street Entrance. Attendance is mandatory for GUSOM Class of 2018 Graduates.
Faculty: arrive by 10:30AM through the D Street Entrance.
General Admission: 10-11AM through the 18th Street Entrance. Guests will be required to present a valid ticket to gain entry to DAR. Graduates however will not need a ticket. Small children are not required to present a ticket if they will be sitting on a parent or guardian's lap and do not require their own seat during the ceremony.
Complimentary Parking will be provided in Colonial Parking Garage #91 located at 1800 G Street NW. No parking pass required.
Live Video Stream: Family and friends celebrating your accomplishment from afar are invited to tune in via Facebook Live on the GU Facebook Page. A Facebook account will not be required to view the live video feed on graduation day.
Special seating needs and other accommodation requests were solicited from graduating medical students through the Graduation Survey. Additional needs that arise following the March 1st survey due date can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please help us capture the day and use our hashtag #HoyaMD2018!
Medical School Graduation Reception will be held on the Medical Dental Podium at Georgetown University School of Medicine immediately following the graduation ceremony (~1:00 p.m.). No tickets required for admission. All family and friends of M2018 graduates are invited to attend the podium reception, regardless of whether or not they have a ticket to the graduation ceremony at DAR.
- 2018 Graduation Reception Guest Parking Swipe Pass (1 Vehicle/Graduate). Please swipe pass to receive free parking in the Leavy Center Garage accessed via Entrance #1 off of Reservoir Rd.
Hotel and Lodging Accommodations
Georgetown University has partnered with several hotel chains to provide our friends and families of Georgetown with discounted lodging rates. This is the discount program, including hotel locations and booking information.
If you have questions related to graduation events, please contact:
The Office of Student Affairs
Phone: (202) 687-3116
2018 Graduation Reception Guest Parking Swipe Pass(1 vehicle/graduate)
Present swipe pass to receive free parking in the Leavey Center Garage (1 vehicle/graduate) accessed via Entrance #1 off of Reservoir Rd
CLASS OF 2017 COMMENCEMENT RECORDING & PHOTOS