Class of 2017 Graduation
Sunday, May 21, 2017
DAR Constitution Hall
More details to follow as events draw near
Thursday, May 18, 2017
- 9:00-11:00 a.m. Cap and Gown Pick-up from the GU Bookstore. Payment of the rental fee will be due at this time. Further information will be forthcoming.
- 9:00-11:00 a.m. Ticket and Honor Cord Pick-up from Student Affairs, located in NW114 of the Medical Dental building. Each student will receive 10 guest tickets to the graduation ceremony, and every effort will be made to accommodate extra ticket requests submitted through the Graduation Survey.
- 12:00 p.m. Class Picture on the steps of the Wolfington Hall Jesuit Residence. Rain location: Lohrfink Auditorium in the Business School (students will be notified in advance if rain location will be utilized). The class should be robed and on the steps by 11:30 a.m.
- 5:00 p.m. 15th Annual MAGIS Society of Master Teachers Induction Ceremony in the Goldberg Auditorium at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital.
Friday, May 19, 2017
- 4:00 p.m. Baccalaureate Mass Rehearsal at Holy Trinity Church, 35th & N Streets, NW
- 5:00 p.m. Warwick Evans Senior Awards Ceremony in Gaston Hall, located on the 3rd floor of the Healy Hall building. Reception to immediately follow on the 2nd floor of Healy Hall. All are invited to attend and join in this celebration of your individual and collective achievements. Seating is first come, first serve and no ticket is required for entry.
Saturday, May 20, 2017
- 10:00 a.m. Graduation Baccalaureate Mass at Holy Trinity Church, 35th & N Streets, NW.
- 1:00 p.m. Military Commissioning Ceremony in the New Research Building Auditorium on the Medical Center campus.
Sunday, May 21, 2017
- 11:00 a.m. Medical School Graduation Ceremony at DAR Constitution Hall, located at 1776 D St. NW, Washington, DC 20006.
- Attendance is mandatory for GUSOM Class of 2017 graduates.
- Guests will be required to present a valid ticket to gain entry to DAR. Graduates however will not need a ticket. Small children are not required to present a ticket if they will be sitting on a parent or guardian's lap and do not require their own seat during the ceremony.
- Each graduate will receive 10 tickets for their guests to attend the ceremony. Every effort will be made to accommodate extra ticket requests submitted through the Graduation Survey.
- Family and friends celebrating your accomplishment from afar are invited to tune in via a live webcast, the link to which will be posted on this web page at the time of graduation.
- Special seating needs and other accommodation requests will be solicited from graduating medical students through the Graduation Survey. Additional needs that arise following the March 1st survey due date can be directed to email@example.com.
- Please help us capture the day and use our hashtag #HoyaMD2017!
- Medical School Graduation Reception will be held on the Medical Dental Podium at Georgetown University School of Medicine immediately following the graduation ceremony (~1:00 p.m.). No tickets required for admission. All family and friends of M2017 graduates are invited to attend the podium reception, regardless of whether or not they have a ticket to the graduation ceremony at DAR.
Hotel and Lodging Accommodations
Georgetown University has partnered with several hotel chains to provide our friends and families of Georgetown with discounted lodging rates. This is the discount program, including hotel locations and booking information.
If you have questions related to graduation events, please contact:
The Office of Student Affairs
Phone: (202) 687-3116