Class of 2017 Graduation
Sunday, May 21, 2017
DAR Constitution Hall
Thursday, May 18, 2017
- 9:00-11:00 a.m. Cap and Gown Pick-up from the GU Bookstore. Payment of the rental fee will be due at this time. Further information will be forthcoming.
- 9:00-11:00 a.m. Ticket and Honor Cord Pick-up from Student Affairs, located in NW114 of the Medical Dental building. Each student will receive 10 guest tickets to the graduation ceremony, and every effort will be made to accommodate extra ticket requests submitted through the Graduation Survey.
- 12:00 p.m. Class Picture on the steps of the Wolfington Hall Jesuit Residence. Rain location: Lohrfink Auditorium in the Business School (students will be notified in advance if rain location will be utilized). The class should be robed and on the steps by 11:30 a.m.
- 5:00 p.m. 15th Annual MAGIS Society of Master Teachers Induction Ceremony in the Goldberg Auditorium at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital.
Friday, May 19, 2017
- 11:00 a.m. Baccalaureate Mass Rehearsal in the Nolan Center at Georgetown Visitation, 1524 35th Street, NW. (For students on the planning committee or participating in the Mass).
- 5:00 p.m. Warwick Evans Senior Awards Ceremony in Gaston Hall, located on the 3rd floor of the Healy Hall building. Reception to immediately follow on the 2nd floor of Healy Hall. All are invited to attend and join in this celebration of your individual and collective achievements. Seating is first come, first serve and no ticket is required for entry. Travel and Parking Tips.
Saturday, May 20, 2017
10:00 a.m. Class of 2017 Baccalaureate Mass in the Nolan Center at Georgetown Visitation, 1524 35th Street, NW.
Attendance at the Baccalaureate Mass is optional.
Dress code: graduates should wear normal church attire, not cap and gowns.
- Parking will be provided. Upon arrival, please let the guard on duty know you are there for the Baccalaureate Mass, and you will be directed to the back parking lot where you may park in any of the un-numbered parking spaces. The Nolan Center will be the large brick building on your left as you are walking from the parking lot. Walk up towards the hill (half way) and enter the building on your right. If you have any questions, please ask the guard at the front gate to point you in the direction of the building.
- 1:00 p.m. Military Commissioning Ceremony in the New Research Building Auditorium on the Medical Center campus.
Sunday, May 21, 2017
11:00 a.m. Medical School Graduation Ceremony at DAR Constitution Hall, located at 1776 D St. NW, Washington, DC 20006.
- Graduates: arrive at 10AM with cap and gown and use the C Street Entrance. Attendance is mandatory for GUSOM Class of 2017 graduates.
- Faculty: arrive by 10:30AM through the D Street Entrance.
- General Admission: 10AM through the 18th Street Entrance. Guests will be required to present a valid ticket to gain entry to DAR. Graduates however will not need a ticket. Small children are not required to present a ticket if they will be sitting on a parent or guardian's lap and do not require their own seat during the ceremony.
Complimentary Parking will be provided in Colonial Parking Garage #91. No parking pass required.
- Family and friends celebrating your accomplishment from afar are invited to tune in via Facebook Live, the link to which will be posted on this web page at the time of graduation.
- Special seating needs and other accommodation requests were solicited from graduating medical students through the Graduation Survey. Additional needs that arise following the March 1st survey due date can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please help us capture the day and use our hashtag #HoyaMD2017!
Medical School Graduation Reception will be held on the Medical Dental Podium at Georgetown University School of Medicine immediately following the graduation ceremony (~1:00 p.m.). No tickets required for admission. All family and friends of M2017 graduates are invited to attend the podium reception, regardless of whether or not they have a ticket to the graduation ceremony at DAR.
Free on campus parking will be provided to guests of the Medical School Graduation Reception at the three locations listed below. Parking passes will be distributed with your ticket packets on Thursday, May 18th from 9-11am, and must be presented to the parking garage attendant upon departure in order to receive the complimentary parking.
Garage 1 (via Entrance #2 off of Reservoir Rd.)
Lot A (via Entrance #1 off of Reservoir Rd.)
Leavey Center Garage (end of Entrance #1 off of Reservoir Rd.)
Hotel and Lodging Accommodations
Georgetown University has partnered with several hotel chains to provide our friends and families of Georgetown with discounted lodging rates. This is the discount program, including hotel locations and booking information.
If you have questions related to graduation events, please contact:
The Office of Student Affairs
Phone: (202) 687-3116