Director: Jay Benson, MD
Goals and Objectives:
By the end of the rotation, the third year medical student will be able to:
- Obtain targeted ob/gyn histories.
- Perform a routine gynecologic exam including breast exam, speculum exam, pap smear, cervical cultures and bimanual exam.
- Identify pelvic anatomic structures during operative cases.
- Write daily patient progress notes that include problem lists, patient assessments and management plans.
- Write operative and postoperative notes on all patients you assist in surgery.
- Write delivery and postpartum notes for all patients that you deliver/assist in deliver.
- Demonstrate the ability perform a vaginal delivery on a real or simulated patient.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic gynecologic procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability to sure and tie surgical knots.
- Interpret basic fetal heart rate tracings.
- Present ob/gyn patients on rounds in the format as demonstrated by residents and attending physicians.