Event Information Resources
There is always a lot going on around here, and we don’t want you to miss a thing. Stay dialed in to the many different events being held both on and off campus by utilizing the following resources:
- MedThread Blog: The School of Medicine’s blog, updated daily with can’t-miss announcements and reports on the many happenings in and around campus. From student events and scholarly opportunities to current information on career development, conferences, awards, scholarships, research, specialty choice info, alumni connections and much more, this should be your first stop to remain informed. You can also subscribe to an RSS feed of the blog.
- Student Events Calendar: Maintained by the Student Government, this convenient schedule of Class and Club events makes it easier than ever to engage in social and extracurricular activities.
- School of Medicine’s Official Facebook Page: Follow us on Facebook to receive important and interesting updates related to the School of Medicine, as well as connect with other Georgetown School of Medicine students, faculty, staff and alumni.
- School of Medicine on Twitter: Follow @medthread to get frequent reminders, announcements and updates related to your medical education and student experience, or use this as a platform to share things with us too!
- Class Calendars: Access your class-specific calendar from your class site within the Student Services web page for curriculum-related schedule information.
- Georgetown School of Medicine Master Calendar: The University’s calendar of institutional events and important dates.
Planning an Event?
All events must be registered through the School of Medicine’s electronic Student Event Registration Form. Advanced registration of events is preferable whenever possible.
For additional information on how to publicize an upcoming event, or if you would like a recent event featured on the homepage or MedThread blog, please contact the Office of Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.