Admissions Information Sessions
Registration for information sessions is required as space is limited. Information on the meeting location or a link to the Zoom chat will be distributed via email prior to the session.
Please review the Guide to Application for information about the requirements, policies, and procedures for applying to the School of Medicine prior to attending the session.
Virtual Information Sessions
Our admissions team currently offers two types of information sessions. Both types of sessions will last approximately one hour.
- Student Panels feature a brief presentation (<10 min) on the application process. The rest of the time will be dedicated to Q&A with some of our current students who serve as Student Ambassadors.
- This type of session is great for folks who know they want to apply to Georgetown, but want more information about student life.
- Please note that Student Ambassadors may not be as familiar with admissions criteria, requirements, or processes and may be unable to assist with those questions.
- Traditional Information Sessions consist of an in-depth presentation (30-40 min) by an Admissions staff member about all things GUSOM: the philosophy of education, curriculum, student activities, as well as information about the application process. The remainder of the time will be dedicated to Q&A with an Admissions Officer.
- This type of session is best if you are unfamiliar with GUSOM and would like general information or have questions about specifics related to the admissions process.
Group Presentation Requests
Our admissions officers are happy to present to pre-med clubs, schools, and other groups. Group presentations are available upon request for groups of 20 or more. To request a group presentation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In-Person Information Sessions
In-person information sessions are not being offered until further notice. These sessions are offered at the Georgetown University School of Medicine, located in the Medical-Dental Building at 3900 Reservoir Rd. NW, Washington, D.C. During the Admissions Information Session, an admissions staff member will discuss Georgetown’s mission, what we’re looking for in a competitive applicant, describe the admissions process and answer your questions about the curriculum. A short tour of the medical campus will be provided at the end of the information session. The tour does not include a visit to the hospital.