A guide to the School of Medicine’s conference reimbursement policy.
The Dean’s Office and the Office of Student Research — provide funding support for medical students presenting at conferences.
- Students must request a reimbursement prior to the conference. Requests that arrive after the conference will be denied. However, reimbursements will be processed after the conference.
- Reimbursable expenses are limited to:
- Registration or membership fees association with conference
- Poster printing
- Airfare (award miles are not reimbursable)
- The maximum reimbursement amount is $650.
- Students are only eligible to receive one conference reimbursement per academic year. There are no exceptions to this rule (i.e., students cannot receive one $400 reimbursement and one $250 reimbursement).
- Reimbursements will only be extended to students presenting at conferences.
Upon receiving approval from the Office of Student Research, submit the funding pre-approval form (new window). You must submit the funding pre-approval prior to your conference.