A guide to the School of Medicine’s conference reimbursement policy.
For the AY 2021-2022, the Office of Finance and Administration will only be sponsoring registration for virtual conferences.
The Office of Finance and Administration — in conjunction with the Dean’s Office and the Office of Student Research — provides funding support for medical students presenting at conferences. As we transition out of the pandemic, the School of Medicine will not sponsor any in-person conference attendance travel expenses for fall 2021. A decision will be made about spring 2022 travel by Thanksgiving break.
- Students must request a reimbursement prior to the conference. Requests that arrive after the conference will be denied. However, reimbursements will be processed after the conference.
- The maximum reimbursement amount is $650.
- Students are only eligible to receive one conference reimbursement per academic year. There are no exceptions to this rule (i.e., students cannot receive one $400 reimbursement and one $250 reimbursement).
- Domestic and international virtual conferences are covered.
- Reimbursable expenses are limited to: registration.
- Reimbursements will only be extended to students presenting at conferences.
Please complete this form for the Office of Student Research to review. Upon receiving approval, you may request funding from the Office of Finance and Administration by completing the pre-approval form. You will receive a response from the Office of Finance and Administration within 2 business days, confirming receipt of your request and outlining the next steps.