Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Workshop Request Hub
Georgetown School of Medicine (GUSOM) educational skills workshops serve faculty, staff and learners at all levels of educational development and interest.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Workshops: Workshops offered through the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion recommended for all faculty, staff and students. Menu of trainings are listed below, but can be customized. Fill out DEI Workshop form here to request a training for your department/team
- Advancing Racial Justice, Advocacy, Allyship in the Workplace
- Unpacking 4 I’s of Oppression
- Defining Racism in American Medicine
- Responding to Bias and Microaggressions in the Learning Environment
- Discussing Race & Holding Space for Sensitive Conversations
- How to create a culture of Belonging and Inclusivity with Your Students
- Teaching for Inclusion & Equity Skills Workshops: (TIE) professional development series at GUMC is focused on diversity, inclusion, and equity. Sponsored by the GUSOM Office of Diversity Inclusion, the Georgetown Center for New Designs in Learning and Scholarship (CNDLS), the GUMC Center for Innovation and Leadership in Education (CENTILE), and the Faculty Development Committee (FDC) Subcommittee on Faculty Diversity & Inclusion. The series aims to provide learning opportunities for faculty, staff, students across GUMC and Georgetown, to learn more about teaching content, pedagogy, and develop skills and strategies in creating equitable and inclusive learning environments. TIE consists of stand-alone workshops that can be joined at any time, with 5 workshops constituting a Certificate of Completion. RSVP for the current schedule of workshops here.
- Implicit BIas Mitigation Workshops: These workshops are offered by trained coaches through the GUMC Bias Reduction Improvement Coaching Program (BRIC). To request a bias workshop, please complete BRIC Presentation Request Form.
- Medical Education Grand Rounds: Request a presentation from the Sr. Associate Dean for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Georgetown Medicine. To Request a Grand Rounds, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.Previous Grand Round topics have included:
- Physician Leadership: The Mitigation of Unconscious Bias
- Cultural Humility
- Implicit Bias in Interviewing
- 1-1 Consult with the DEI Dean on your Strategic Diversity Plan. Need advice and support around your diversity, equity, inclusion strategy or to address anti-racism, anti-oppression in your curriculum or training? Sign up for “office hours” consult with Dr. Susan Cheng, EdLD MPP here.