Literature and Medicine Track
Daniel Marchalik, MD (Track Director)
(link to profile: https://gufaculty360.georgetown.edu/s/contact/00336000014TiyRAAS/daniel-marchalik )
Visit the course website for additional information
The Literature and Medicine Track (L&M) is a longitudinal academic track designed for students interested in engaging the intersection of literature, narrative studies, medical narratives, and medicine. The aim of this track is to improve narrative competency and communication skills, leading to greater comfort deciphering patient stories; but no less importantly, this track aims to improve the students’ quality of life.
Through its collaboration with the Medical Humanities Initiative at Georgetown University (link: https://medicalhumanities.georgetown.edu/), this track offers a unique opportunity for students from the medical campus and main campus to learn side by side. Participants in the track are able to participate in medical humanities classes offered on the main campus while undergraduate medical humanities minors can attend L&M sessions at GUSoM.
The track also includes an experiential component in which students have the opportunity to meet with visiting authors, attend off-campus programs, and work with affiliate faculty to create a capstone project.
· Daniel Marchalik, MD, MBA https://gufaculty360.georgetown.edu/s/contact/00336000014TiyRAAS/daniel-marchalik
· Hunter Groninger, MD, MA https://gufaculty360.georgetown.edu/s/contact/0033600001FOkAxAAL/hunter-groninger
· Lakshmi Krishnan, MD, PhD https://gufaculty360.georgetown.edu/s/contact/0031Q000021akncQAA/lakshmi-krishnan
· Julia Langley, MA, MBA https://lombardi.georgetown.edu/artsandhumanities/director/ ·
Dennis Murphy, MD https://www.medstarhealth.org/doctors/dennis-r-murphy-md
· Michael Pottash, MD, MA https://gufaculty360.georgetown.edu/s/contact/0033600001QoR4NAAV/michael-pottash