Outside Scholarships and Resources
- AAMC FIRST Program: financial literacy, budgeting tools and loan management information
- Annual Credit Report: obtain a free annual copy of your credit history from the three major US credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion)
- Cost of Living Calculator: find estimated costs for rent, living and other expenses to help you establish a monthly budget while in school
- Wall Street Journal Personal Finance: helpful personal financial information for M4 students and residents
- Income-Driven Loan Repayment Options: information and monthly loan payment calculators for the federal IBR (income-based) and PAYE (pay-as-you-earn) repayment programs
- Loan Consolidation: information on combining all of your federal student loans (pre-med and medical school) into the federal loan consolidation program
- Loan Forgiveness and Repayment Programs: information on student loan repayment programs by state
- Medloans Organizer and Calculator: this AAMC service allows you to enter and track your student loans and calculate estimated monthly repayment amounts
- National Student Loan Data System: find information on all of your federal student loans (both pre-med and medical school loans)
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness: information on the newest federal loan cancellation program
*NOTE: The Financial Aid Office provides this scholarship listing to assist students with their search for funding outside of the School of Medicine; for information on scholarship programs that do not have a dedicated web site, please contact our office. This is not an inclusive listing of all outside scholarship programs, and sponsoring organizations can change eligibility requirements for scholarship funding at their discretion. We also recommend that students utilize the general scholarship web sites listed below to expand their search for outside scholarships.
Hellenic Medical Society of New York
A student of Hellenic heritage, originating from New York, Connecticut, New Jersey or Pennsylvania.
Hebrew Free Loan Society
Southern Medical Association Alliance Medical School Scholarship
3rd year medical student, demonstrated financial need
Aetna/NMF Primary Care Fellows (PCF) program
December 30 (deadline on their site is outdated)
underrepresented minority groups, U.S. citizen. Questions to Tamekia Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Baltimore Community Foundation
Graduates of Baltimore City or county high schools.
Baltimore City Medical Society Foundation
Applicant must have lived in Baltimore City for a minimum of three years while attending high school.
State of Delaware Loan Repayment Program
Stipulation that applicant will practice medicine in Delaware.
Washington State Health Professional Loan Repayment and Scholarship Program
Stipulation that applicant will practice medicine in Washington state.
Hispanic Scholarship Fund
Edwards Scholarship Fund
Applicant must be a resident of Boston.
The J. Hugh & Earle W. Fellows Memorial Fund
Applicant must be a resident of Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, or Walton County, Florida.
Morris County Medical Society Loan/Scholarship Fund
Applicant must be a resident of of Morris County, NJ, and in their third or fourth year.
Contact Information: Send requests for information and application forms to: Chairman, Medical Student Loan/Scholarship Fund Committee, Morris County Medical Society, 51 Elm Street, #A7, Morristown, NJ 07960; email: email@example.com; Phone: (973) 539-9493.
American Medical Association
National Medical Fellowships