The 38th annual SNMA Senior Awards Banquet Celebrates Graduates and Distinguished faculty
On May 19th, 2016, the Georgetown chapter of the Student National Medical Association (SNMA), in collaboration with the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, hosted its annual banquet to recognize the achievements of its graduating seniors and to celebrate distinguished faculty in the 2015-2016 school year.
Dean Joy Phinizy Williams was recognized for her thirty five years of service to the Georgetown Experimental Medical Studies (GEMS) program. It was revealed that there would be an academic scholarship established in her name to support students in future years.
Award recipients include:
- Raymond Khargi: Gregory Threatte, MD Award for mentoring excellence by a third-year medical student.
- -Dr. Tamika Auguste: Crystal Award for excellent faculty mentorship.
- Dean David Taylor: Diamond Award for continuing excellence in faculty mentorship.
- Kelly Smith: Dean’s Award for excellence in academic achievement in the second year of medical school.
- Versha A. Patel: Heinz Bauer, MD Award for excellence in integrity, leadership, scholarship, and humanism.
- Ms. Jeanne Larsen:Arthur Hoyte, MD Award for excellence in advocacy in medical education through support of the GEMS program and the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
2016 graduates recognized include: Cy Chavez, Tanya M. Dall, Lucy Guevara, Marsivana Henricus, Hoang-Long C. Huynh, Jessica Ibanez, Abdullah Ibish, Whitney D. Johnson, Thanh Truc T. Lu, Nancy Moontasri, Onyemaechi Nwabueze, Joseph Okai, Yemi Okunseinde (honorary), Tulsi D. Patel, Versha A. Patel, Jasmine Pettiford, Terrence K. Pleasant, Latisha E. Ricketts, Tamira Sanni-Sanoussi, Joelle C. Smith, Jennifer L. Wills, and Jane H. Yeo.